Kickin’ Skillet Scampi with Linguine
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds linguine
- 5 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (about 8 or 9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring to a boil a large pot of water seasoned with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, add the linguine, and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Drain, run under cool water, drain again, place the linguine back in the pot and toss 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside, keeping warm.
3. Melt the butter with the remaining olive oil in a 10 to 13 well seasoned Lodge cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, being careful not to burn.
4. Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and the pepper; sauté until the shrimp begin to turn pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Pour the shrimp mixture over the cooked linguine, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.
Excerpted From Cast Iron Cooking By Dwayne Ridgeway – Quarry Books.
*Recipe provided by Lodge Mfg.