Hoppin’ John Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. bag frozen black-eyed peas
- 1-1/2 cups peeled yam, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 2 cups (about 12 oz.) andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk vinegar, molasses, olive oil, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Add black-eyed peas and yams into a large saucepan of salted water and bring to boil. Cook for 8 minutes, or until soft. Drain, cool, and place in a large bowl.
Add andouille, okra, and onion to the bowl. Pour dressing over and toss.