Grits and Eggs Recipe
- 5 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups quick grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for frying eggs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 slices crispy, cooked bacon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, whisking often, until thick and creamy. Stir in two tablespoons butter, cheese, green onions, bacon, and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Melt additional butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggs until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Or, poach eggs in water for three minutes.
Spoon grits into bowls and top with egg.