Grain-free Stuffing with Cranberries
By Marie Powell
I love dishes that are adaptable, especially easy holiday recipes like this grain-free stuffing that can be a foundation for so many tasty entertaining menus. Beyond being great for those with certain dietary restrictions, this gluten-free stuffing recipe is super simple. It requires just a few minutes to chop and sauté veggies and toss ingredients before starting the bake. It will need 45 minutes to an hour in the oven, which is plenty of time to prep another dish, set out some appetizers, or relax with a cocktail and enjoy your guests. Whether your crowd is asking for traditional, vegetarian, grain-free, or just plain nourishing dishes, I’m sure this recipe will find its way to your table very soon.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 31⁄2 cups onion, diced
- 21⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Dice onions, celery, and apples.
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish, then set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil to a saucepan and warm over low-med heat.
- Add onion, celery, apple, and herbs to pan. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, cranberries, and onion mixture.
- Add lightly beaten eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Add mixture to baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour. For stuffed mushrooms, skip the pan. Instead, spoon the mixture into cleaned, de-stemmed mushrooms and bake approximately 30 minutes. Serve warm.