Endive "Spoons" with Lemon-Kissed Goat Cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium Belgian endive, trimmed, washed and leaves separated
- Red and yellow cherry tomato halves for garnish
- Additional snipped chives and cilantro for garnish
Position multipurpose blade in work bowl. Add chives and cilantro leaves and process until finely chopped. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place goat cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice in work bowl. Process until mixture is very smooth and fluffy, about 15 seconds. Transfer mixture to small bowl. Fold in reserved chopped chives and cilantro. Place 1 tablespoon cheese mixture near bottom of each endive leaf. Garnish with tomato half and snipped chives and cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Yields 12 to 14 servings.
* Recipe provided by Kitchen Aid.