- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. seafood seasoning
- 12 oz. shucked oysters, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c. fine bread crumbs
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper and seafood seasoning. Dredge oysters in flour mixture, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat deep fryer to 350° F. Place one layer of oysters in the basket at a time. Carefully lower basket into hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safely cooking seafood.
*Recipe provided by Hamilton Beach.