Collard Green and Artichoke Dip
Collard Greens and Artichoke Dip
For the collard greens element of our New Year’s finger food lineup, we decided to try a modified version of the always-popular spinach and artichoke dip. We adapted this recipe from one we found on the Food Network website. Add more than the suggested tablespoon of hot sauce for a spicier version of this snack.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute, until mixture is consistent and thick.
- Gradually whisk in cream and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add collard greens.
- Transfer dip to a large baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or toast.