Cod Steamed on Sweet Potatoes with Lime Dressing
- 200g sweet potato (kumara), thinly sliced
- 2 x 200g cod fillets, skin removed and trimmed
- 50g snow peas (mange tout)
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions (scallions)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1/3 c. (80mL) lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
To make the lime dressing, place the green onion, coriander, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
Place a large saucepan half-filled with water over high heat and bring to the boil. Line a large (or 2 small) steamer with non-stick baking paper. Place the sweet potato in the steamer, top with the cod and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Place the steamer on top of the saucepan and steam for 5-6 minutes or until the cod id cooked through. Spoon over the lime dressing to serve.
Yield: 2 servings