Coconut-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe
- 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 15-ounce can cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup of coconut milk and mix with cornstarch until fully dissolved.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and gradually bring to a low boil. Whisk thoroughly to avoid any clumping.
- 3. Add coconut milk/cornstarch mixture to boiling mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove pot from heat and allow to sit until room temperature.
- 5. Pour entirety of ingredients into your KitchenAid ice cream maker and allow to churn until frozen.
- 6. After churning is complete, transfer to a medium-sized container and allow to set up in freezer for 3 hours.