Cheese Ball Recipe with Pepper Jelly
By Marie Powell
I like to serve this on a small glass or decorative platter with baked pita chips or a crispy, nutty cracker like Wheat Thins. You can also change the shape of this cheese ball recipe to whatever suits your serving style. I’ve realized I prefer a log shape rather than the classic ball, since it achieves a consistent pepper jelly-to-cheese flavor ratio, but you can even press it into a mold if you want your cheese ball to have a festive shape. No matter how you shape it or top it, this sweet pepper cheese ball will be delicious, so relax and enjoy the party!
Yields: 10-15 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour to chill
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. cheddar, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pretzels
- 8 oz. jar sweet pepper jelly
- Combine cheeses, spices, green onion, and bacon in a mixing bowl. Combine with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover, then shape into a log or ball as preferred.
- Wrap tightly and place in the refrigerator.
- Chill 1 hour until firm.
- Roll cheese ball or log into the chopped pretzels until coated.
- Place cheese ball or log a serving plate and top with pepper jelly.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!