Cabbage Soup Recipe with Ground Beef
By Marie Powell
An added bonus for this unstuffed cabbage soup is that it is an easy, healthy dinner suitable for a variety of dietary plans. It’s no secret that cabbage and onions have huge health benefits so this is a great way to load up on both of those. The lack of added starch or sugar means this inexpensive soup recipe is a great choice for gluten-free, keto, and paleo diets as well as just being absolutely delicious. Make sure to use plenty of the Greek seasoning and let the pot have a nice low simmer.
Yields: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek Seasoning
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add meat and onions; cook until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, cook another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes until cabbage is tender. You can allow it to simmer longer depending on your preference for the cabbage.