Apple Pie Salsa
Recipe adapted from Frosting and a Smile.
- 4 medium apples, diced (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples recommended)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large sauté pan.
- Cook on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cornstarch and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm.