Apple Cranberry Dessert
By Marie Powell
I generally bake this apple cranberry dessert in an 8- or 9-inch square pan for the perfect crunchy top-to-fruit ratio. I have also baked it in some very nice dessert ramekins for a casual dinner party. For that, I spooned all of the ingredients into individual, oven-safe ramekins to bake. They serve beautifully this way and are absolutely divine if you leave enough space on the top to add a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or substitute dried)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine apples, cranberries, and sugar in a bowl mix well.
- Pour into a greased dish, 8 inches square or similar.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Crumble over fruit.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes until top is crunchy and golden brown.
- Serve hot. Optional: Pair with vanilla ice cream.