Lemon Blueberry Pie
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 11⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks, then slowly add lemon juice. Blend until well mixed.
- Gently fold in blueberries, then pour into pie shell.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy, then continue beating while slowly adding sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread mixture over the filling, making sure to seal the edges.
- Bake until meringue browns, roughly 6 minutes.
- Cool before serving, and refrigerate to store.