5 Minute Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size Ziploc bag
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag
- Combine the sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal tightly.
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well.
- Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it’s done.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup!
Makes 1 serving