Best Wedding Gifts for this Bridal Season
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to begin thinking about wedding season. Whether you will be celebrating with a loved one as a guest, participating in a ceremony, or even walking down the aisle yourself, weddings are top of mind during this time of year for almost everyone. To honor those taking their vows, it’s customary to present a gift reminding them both of their special day and helping them to get established together. As they build their new life, gift them with a tool for the heart of the home: the kitchen.
For many young couples, this may be the first time they have cooked for more than one, the first time dinner won’t be coming from a microwaved container, or possibly even the first time they have had a full kitchen. To help you and the new couple out, we have gathered a few kitchen necessities for the novice and a few must-haves for the enthusiastic kitchen connoisseur. We have compiled it all into a quick-reference guide to take some of the mystery out of selecting the best wedding gifts.
Wedding Gifts Guide
1. Spiegelau has been working to perfect their glassware since 1521. Help the new couple toast a lifetime of love with glassware that has been artfully enhanced over the course of several lifetimes. With a fine-blown bowl and rim, this stemware offers the ideal shape for properly enjoying bold red wines or serving ice-cold water. As a set of six, these Spiegelau red wine glasses are sure to become an entertaining staple for any new couple. Best of all, they are chip-resistant and dishwasher safe.
2. If it’s grilling that gets the newlyweds fired up, why not opt for all the tools they will need to tackle any backyard barbecue? The 18-Piece BBQ Kit by Chef Master includes a 3-in-1 spatula, tongs, a grilling fork, knife, basting brush, grill brush, eight corn holders, and four steak house-quality knives. The whole kit comes neatly packed in a custom case. Each of the tools has a solid wood handle finished with a rubber grip. Chef Master is so confident in these products that they back them up with a 5-year warranty. And if you’re lucky, this will score you an invite to the inaugural backyard cookout.
3. To get things cooking in the kitchen, gift a Lodge 6-quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven. This is a real kitchen workhorse. Go from cooktop to oven, and bake, broil, or braise in this extremely versatile and attractive kitchen go-to. Whether the new couple is comfortable in the kitchen or this is their very piece first piece of cookware, it will provide a vessel for many home cooked meals and kitchen memories. Lodge cast iron cookware is available in a variety of shapes, sizes, finishes, and prices for nearly any kitchen lifestyle.
4. For a young couple that enjoys having friends and family over, begin here. Help them add a touch of sparkle to the table with a set of four Libbey Glass Nachtmann Bossa Nova bowls. The braided pattern is perfect for enhancing simple sauce or side dishes and adding a little something extra to buffets at home. This set will certainly be something the social couple will look to when they want to add a touch of elegance to everyday presentation.
5. Make picnicking a breeze with a convenient Picnic Time tote. With hectic lifestyles, even a picnic can be a chore. With these handy totes, all the new couple will have to do is toss in their favorite snacks and off they go. Better yet, since these bags are insulted, they are great for leaving in the car in the event of an impromptu market trip. Picnic Time offers full picnic kits, wine bottle holders, six-pack holders, and many other totes for outdoor and sport enthusiasts.
6. This item should probably be number one on any new couple’s registry. A good set of kitchen knives is vital to success in the kitchen. Complete with a knife block, this 7-piece Zwilling knife set has all the cutlery necessary to get a new couple started. It includes a 3-inch paring knife, a 5-inch serrated knife, a 6-inch utility knife, an 8-inch chef’s knife, a 9-inch sharpening steel, and a knife block with additional slots to fill. Help the new couple stay sharp with a gift that will come in handy daily.
7. KitchenAid is almost synonymous with wedding gift and there is good reason for that. A KitchenAid stand mixer is one of those heirloom pieces that frequently used kitchens will struggle without. Mixing up birthday cakes, preparing pasta, juicing citrus, and grinding fresh meat are just a few of the tasks the new couple can look to a KitchenAid to help out with. Be the one to bring a gift the newlyweds will remember and be truly grateful for.
8. The Mauviel tagline just about says it all: “For people who love to cook.” This is the wedding gift for the culinarians in your life. The Mauviel 5-Piece cookware set with cast iron handles is constructed of 90% copper and 10% 18/10 stainless steel. The non-reactive stainless steel lining preserves the flavors and quality of foods. This set includes a 1.9-quart saucepan and lid, a 3.2-quart sauté pan and lid, and a 10.2-inch frying pan. This beautiful copper set will be rivaled in attractiveness only by the meals prepared with it.