For Today’s Trendy Chef: The Apple Watch for Prep to PR
1. There is no doubt that shortly after the Apple Watch hits the market there will be a recipe app just for the watch. With over 1 million apps already in existence, it’s inevitable. In fact, if you’re reading this and you develop apps, do us all a favor and get to work on this please. How nice will it be to just tap your watch for the next step in the recipe? Bring on the world’s most helpful food app!
2. You have your recipe, you’re scrolling through it on your handy wrist device when suddenly, you discover some obscure ingredient that you certainly don’t have in your kitchen. Don’t worry, just ask Siri where to find it. She’ll not only find your ingredient but also provide walking or driving directions right to your local supplier. Check out the details about the discreet guidance technology from Apple.
3. Now that you have your recipe and ingredients, get out of the kitchen or move on to your next job. With the handy, built-in timer system, the chances of burning that delicate soufflé are out the window. Your handy Apple Watch will let you know when to head back to the oven to check your special of the evening.
4. Let’s be honest, there are selfies and then there are those mouthwatering images of amazing food. Tackle both of these photographic musts with the viewfinder on your new Apple Watch. Get the right angle without having to master the art of contortion. When you get that perfectly plated, food masterpiece just right, simply tap the face of your watch to capture the perfect image.
5. Finally, keep up with your calories and activity. It’s not the most glamorous topic; however, when you’re surrounded by food, a bite of everything can add up quickly. Use the calorie and activity tracking technology to keep yourself accountable. With the highly sophisticated sensing systems and technology beyond most of our comprehension, your Apple Watch can detect heart rate, number of steps taken, and even the incline of your activity.
The bonus: Life in foodservice can be a bit alienating. You work nights, weekends, and holidays, you may be out of the house before your family gets up, and you’re likely gone at the restaurant long after they have gone to bed. Use the new communication technology from Apple to remind your loved ones they’re on your mind. Find out more about this unique communication system directly from Apple.