The FF518 floor-model fryer has four tubular, cast iron, natural gas burners heating its large 18-inch vat. This high-volume economy fryer can fry 90 pounds of fries per hour and has a 70-100 pound shortening capacity. The rack-type basket support holds the two included nickel-plated baskets in the oil for cooking and out of it for draining. The frypot, exterior, and basket hanger are all made out of stainless steel to make them durable and easy to clean, and the hanger and basket support are removable for cleaning. A non-clogging ball-type drain and the included drain pipe extension also work to make cleaning this unit as simple as possible.
The large cold zone holds sediment shed by cooking food away from the burners to prevent the oil from taking on a burnt flavor that it can pass on to your foods. It can also prolong the life of your cooking oil, which can cut some of the cost of the most expensive part of owning a fryer. When it's time to filter the oil, the spacing of the burners makes it easier to clean out the cold zone, the ball-type drain prevents clogging, and the drain pipe extension makes draining the oil into a filter system much easier.
The FF518 also has several features to make operation as safe as possible. The flame failure system shuts off the gas flow automatically if the pilot light goes out, preventing dangerous gas leaks. The gas is also shut off if the temperature of the oil reaches 428 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent overheating. A flue extension guides heat and fumes up to the overhead ventilation system, resulting in lower ambient temperatures for a more comfortable working environment for the operator.
- Natural-gas-powered floor-model fryer
- 18-in. by 18-in. frying area
- 70-100 lb. shortening capacity; able to cook 90 lbs. of fries per hour
- 4 cast iron burner tubes submerged in oil for maximum heat transfer efficiency
- 150,000 BTU per hour
- 2 nickel-plated baskets and a rack-type basket support are included
- Operation is made simple by a snap-action thermostat with a temperature range of 175 to 375 degrees F
- All components can be accessed and replaced from the front, making service quick and easy
- Cold zone below burners prevents carbonization of sediment that can cause burnt-tasting oil
- 11⁄4 ball-type drain prevents clogs
- 1⁄2-in. NPT gas connection required
- Stainless steel backsplash prevents grease splatter on nearby walls and equipment
- Removable stainless steel basket hanger makes cleaning simple
- Stainless steel exterior and frypot make this unit durable and easy to clean
- Included drain pipe extension makes draining oil simple
- Flue extension releases excess heat closer to ventilation to reduce ambient temperatures
- 428 degrees F high-temperature limit cuts the fryer's gas supply if exceeded
- If the pilot light goes out, the gas shut-off valve prevents a gas leak
- 6-in. adjustable legs make level installation simple
- Overall dimensions: 191⁄2 in. W x 31 in. D x 451⁄2 in. H
- CE, CSA listed; NSF certified
Fryer, NG gas, floor model, 70 - 100 lb. fat capacity, 4 tube burners, snap action millivolt control, standing pilot, stainless steel pot, stainless steel front & door, 150,000 BTU
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Value Series FF518 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Number of Fry Pots||1|
|BTU per Fryer||150,000|
|Oil Capacity per Fryer||100 lb|
|Frypot Style||Tube Type|
|Category||Commercial Gas Fryer|