The Kold-Draft GBX564LHK X-Series ice machine head can produce 598 pounds of ice in a day. Half-cube ice displaces liquid and saves money on beverages, and while this ice type melts more quickly than full-cube ice, it is more effective in cooling drinks. The unit’s self-contained condenser is kept cold by a constant flow of cool water around its coils. It has an upside-down horizontal evaporator and water plate assembly that produces clear cubes by spraying water up into the plate and freezing cubes from the outside in.
Refrigerant flow is controlled by a thermostatic expansion valve. To maximize floor space in crowded areas, the Kold-Draft GBX564LHK ice maker can be stacked on top of other X-Series heads or an ice bin (bins are sold separately). The exterior is constructed of strong stainless steel, and a plastic top and louvers provide additional durability. Clearance is needed on the top, back, and sides to support ventilation and provide room for utility connections.
- 598-lb. maximum ice production capacity
- 522-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Half-cube ice size: 1.25 in. x 1.25 in. x 0.625 in.
- Half cubes displace liquid
- 300 series stainless steel exterior will not bend or dent
- Durable louvers and top are constructed of plastic
- Water-cooled, self-contained condenser
- Upside-down horizontal evaporator and water plate assembly produces clear cubes
- Thermostatic expansion valve controls the release of R404A refrigerant
- LCD display on the front
- Corners are rounded for cleanup
- Part of the X-Series
- Can be stacked with other X-Series units to save floor space
- 6,500 average BTU; 8,750 maximum BTU
- Bin sold separately
- Required water temperature: 45-90 degrees F
- Required water pressure: 20-100 PSIG
- Required ambient air temperature: 45-110 degrees F
- Top, back, and side clearance is required for ventilation and utility connections
- cETLus listed component
- Made in the U.S.
- 3⁄4-in. FPT potable water inlet
- 3⁄4-in. FPT bin drain
- 3⁄4-in. I.D. flex tubing cuber drain
- 3⁄8-in. FPT condenser inlet
- 1⁄2-in. FPT condenser outlet
Dimensions and Utilities
- 42.3 in. W x 25.63 in. D x 17 in. H
- 7 A, 4.7 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
If you would like to learn more about the features of commercial ice machines, check out this ice machine buyers' guide.
Ice Maker, cube-style, water-cooled self-contained condenser, production capacity up to 598 lbs/24 hours at 70°/50° (522 lbs at 90°/70°), LED display, stainless steel frame, plastic top, plastic louvers, half-dice size ice, stackable, 208-230v/60/1-ph, 7.0 amps, cETLus, Made in USA
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Kold-Draft GBX564LHK SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr compressor & evaporator|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Recommended Bins||KDB650, KDB650D, KDB950, KDB950D|
|Product||Ice Machine Head|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||598|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Made in USA||Yes|
|Cold Water (in)||3/4|
|Indirect Waste Size (in)||3/4|
|Production Range (per day)||100-999 lb|
|Width (in) Range||40-49|