The Kold-Draft GB1064AC/KDB950 ice maker with bin can produce 1,075 pounds of ice each day. Water is sprayed into the horizontal evaporator plate grid, where it freezes when the refrigerant removes heat from the surface. This creates full-cube ice that measures 1.25 inches by 13.25 inches by 1.25 inches. These large, slow-melting cubes are typically used in bars and restaurants, especially with drinks that are sipped slowly. If there is an issue in the ice machine head, internal components are accessible from the front for convenience.
As much as 950 pounds of ice can be stored in the Kold-Draft GB1064AC/KDB950 ice maker with bin. The bin's interior walls are lined with polyethylene, which resist staining and denting from ice scoops. Foamed insulation adds strength and retains cold air. The door gaskets prevent cold air from leaking out, keeping ice frozen for an extended period of time. Operators can easily reach into the bin through the large door opening, and the sill is low for access to the bottom of the bin. The ice maker, bin, and bin door are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel to facilitate cleaning.
Ice Machine Details
- 1,075-lb. daily ice production with 70-degree F ambient air and 50-degree F incoming water
- 860-lb. daily ice production with 90-degree F ambient air and 70-degree F incoming water
- Full-cube ice size: 1.25 in. x 1.25 in. x 1.25 in.
- Air-cooled condensing unit blows cold air over refrigerant coils with fans to remove heat from the evaporator plate and freeze water
- Water sprays upward into the horizontal evaporator plate, removing air and particulate to freeze pure water first
- Uses R404A refrigerant
- Can be serviced from the front
- Stainless steel exterior and frame resists corrosion, scratches, and dents
- Stackable with other ice machine heads
- 6,500 average BTU; 8,750 peak BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 45-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 45-90 degrees F
- Required water pressure: 20-100 PSIG
- Requires 4-in. clearance at the left side, 8-in. clearances at the right side and rear, and 6-in. clearance at the top
- cETLus listed; NSF certified component
- Made in the U.S.
Ice Bin Details
- 950-lb. capacity
- Corrosion-resistant polyethylene interior walls will not easily dent or stain
- Stainless steel exterior and doors withstand heavy use and facilitate cleaning
- Oversized door design offers convenient ice access
- Door sill is low, enabling users to reach bottom of bin
- Gasket seals on door prevent cold air leaks
- Foam insulation creates structural stability
Dimensions and Utilities
- Ice Machine
- 42.3 in. W x 31.1 in. D x 33.7 in. H
- 4.9 kW
- 208-230 V/60 Hz/1 ph
- 48 in. W x 31.75 in. D x 50 in. H
Take a look at this resource on ice machines and bins if you want to read more about ice makers.
Ice Maker, cube style, air cooled condenser, production capacity up to 1075 lbs/24 hours at 70°/50° (860 lbs at 90°/70°), stainless steel exterior & frame, full cube ice, stackable, 208-230v/60/1-ph, 20.0 amps, with KDB950 Ice Storage Bin, sloped front, top hinged front opening single door, 950 lbs. ice storage capacity, polyethylene interior liner, stainless steel exterior, 6" legs, cETLus, NSF, Made in USA
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Kold-Draft GB1064AC/KDB950 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Bin Capacity (lb)||950|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Warranty||3-year Parts & Labor|
|Production Range (lbs/day)||900-1149 lb|
|Product||Ice Maker with Bin|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Access||Lift Up Door|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||1075|
|Bin Capacity Range (lbs)||200 - 1229|