The KitchenAid Commercial Series eight quart stand mixer has a stainless steel work bowl that can mix 14 cups of flour in a single batch. Three included attachments for whisking, beating and kneading, combined with a 10 speed control, allow the mixer to stir, mix, beat, cream, and whip food items. The stand mixer has a bowl-lift design for accessing the bowl and requires less vertical space than a tilt-head mixer. A heavy-duty metal construction with stainless steel, dishwasher-safe accessories means that this stand mixer is easy and quick to clean.
- Dark pewter color
- Commercial Series
- 1.3 HP DC motor with 0.44 HP output to the bowl and all-metal precise gears for quiet operation
- Mixes 14 cups of flour or kneads dough for 8-1/4 loaves of bread in a single bowl
- Bowl-lift lever raises and clamps bowl into position for rigid support while mixing
- 8-qt. capacity brushed stainless steel bowl with "J" style handle
- 10-speed control for initial mixing up to a very fast whip
- Adjustable beater height
- Heavy-duty metal control knobs
- Speed control protection safety feature protects the user from accidentally turning the unit on when wiping the exterior
- Power-hub with hinged lid for additional attachments (purchased separately)
- Dishwasher-safe accessories (see included accessories list below)
- 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, 1.3 HP, NEMA 5-15P plug and 4-ft. cord included
- Overall Dimensions: 13-5/16 in. W x 14-5/8 in. D x 16-7/16 in. H
- UL Listed and NSF Certified
- 8-qt. brushed stainless steel work bowl with "J" style handle suitable for stacking and hanging
- Stainless steel flat beater for regular and heavy mixing requirements
- Stainless steel elliptical 11-wire whip for beating and whipping egg whites and cream
- PowerKnead™ stainless steel spiral dough hook for kneading dough
- Dough hook, flat beater, wire whip, and bowl are dishwasher safe
10 Mixing Speeds
- Soft Start® mixing feature on each speed: Reduces splatter by starting slowly and gradually increasing to the selected setting
- Use STIR and 2 for slow stirring and mixing, or to add liquids to dry ingredients
- Settings 4 - 6 mix, beat, and cream ingredients: suitable for combining sugar into shortening and for finishing cake batters
- Settings 8 - 10 will whip eggs, cream, and mashed potatoes
- Only setting 2 is recommended for preparing yeast dough - using other speeds may damage the mixer motor and may not mix the dough correctly
- Auto-Reset Motor Protection: If the mixer overloads, turn the slide speed to OFF. The stand mixer will automatically reset after a few minutes
KitchenAid® NSF Certified® Commercial Series Lift Stand Mixer with 1.3 HP Motor, 8-qt Stainless bowl, 10-speed control, Soft Start® mixing feature, Auto-Reset Motor Protection. Includes: Stainless steel 11-wire elliptical whip, Stainless steel flat beater, Stainless steel spiral power knead dough hook, Extra thick, long power cord, dark pewter, 1-1/3 HP, NSF, UL, 120v/60/1ph
**KitchenAid trademarks and © used with permission.
KitchenAid KSM8990DP SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Special Features||Includes Accessories|
|Special Features||Soft Start|
|Special Features||Automatic Reset|
|Warranty||1 Year Replacement Limited Warranty|
KitchenAid KSM8990DP Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"I would recommend this product again and again. The product speaks for itself. The service that katom offered was excellent and price was unbeat..."
Mrs Hen @ Red Barn said...
"I finally decided to purchase the KitchenAid Commercial 7 Qt mixer and then I found the 8 Qt equivalent. The mixer is everything I was looking f..."
"I would recommend this product again and again. The product speaks for itself. The service that katom offered was excellent and price was unbeatable! I will only purchase future kitchen products from katom!"
"I finally decided to purchase the KitchenAid Commercial 7 Qt mixer and then I found the 8 Qt equivalent. The mixer is everything I was looking for and much more. I love the slow start-up on the speeds so that you are less likely to fling the ingredients out of the bowl. It is quieter than my 25 year old KitchenAid and it isn't much bigger, so it doesn't take up much more space on the counter. The first test drive produced 138 chocolate chip cookies in one mixing! KaTom's service was awesome - from my online chat about a few questions, to the speed in which they shipped the product. Couldn't be happier!"