This two slot KitchenAid toaster has empire red painted steel on the sides and toasts breads and pastries up to one and a half inches thick. For smaller items, a manual lift lever raises the slices out of the toaster for easier access, and the self-adjusting bars and heavy-gauge heating elements ensure even and consistent toasting for each slice. The toaster has three settings for regular toasting, bagels, and defrosting and displays current settings and toasting progress in an LCD display.
- 2-slice toaster with empire red accent on sides
- Wide toasting slots adjust automatically to the thickness of inserted slices, up to 1-1/2 in. W
- Shade control dial with 7 settings from light to dark toasting
- Digital display with progress bar and countdown timer
- Cancel/Bagel/Defrost/Reheat buttons are illuminated with a blue back light when in use
- Manual high-lift lever elevates slices out of the toaster and makes them easier to remove
- Heavy-gauge heating elements help food to brown evenly
- Chrome shade knob and buttons
- End-of-Cycle beep signifies when toasting and warming is complete
- Under-base cord storage
- Stainless steel and painted steel housing
- Removable, steel crumb tray (dishwasher safe)
- 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, NEMA 5-15P plug and cord included
Different Toasting Modes
- Bagel setting reduces power to one side by 50% so the sliced side can be fully toasted while the bottom is gently browned
- Frozen bread and pastries can be defrosted and fully toasted all with one mode setting
- Warms foods in under a min. with the reheat setting
- The last used shading and function settings are remembered each time
- Toasting shade setting and selected function are displayed on a digital LCD screen while unit is in use
- Progress of toasting time is displayed by a progress bar on the display
- LCD display and function buttons light up blue when toaster is in use
KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster, manual high-lift lever, LCD display, digital progress bar, extra wide 1.5" slots which will accept the thickest bagels, breads, or pastries, adjustable shading control which regulates browning of toast, TOAST/CANCEL, BAGEL, DEF.
Kitchenaid KMT222ER Specifications
Kitchenaid KMT222ER Customer Reviews
"You have to push fairly hard to get the lever to stay down. Otherwise, it works great. Thought our old toaster was taking too long to toast, but this one takes about 2 minutes, too. Is that normal?"
"Excellent toaster with great product design. Adds a great splash of colour to the kitchen!"
"We wanted a toaster that was small, but could accomodate larger pieces of bread (artisan, homemade, etc) - this is perfect!! It works great and I got it for less thru KaTom and received it faster than they said! Very happy with the toaster and the service :)"