This KitchenAid empire red electric kettle has adjustable control with display that enables the user to select their water temperature, and a Hold Temp button keeps the kettle at the same temperature for up to 30 minutes. The kettle can hold up to seven cups of water and has an audible alert that warns the user if the kettle is turned on when empty. The wrap-around cord storage on the underside of the base keeps the power cord safely stored away when the water kettle is not in use.
- Empire red color
- 1.7 liter (7 cup) electric water kettle
- Water is displayed in 1 cup increments
- Minimum fill of 0.25 liters
- Digital temperature display
- Clear water window with blue backlight
- 6 adjustable temperature settings, from 122 - 212 degrees F
- Temperature hold feature keeps water at set temperature for up to 30-min.
- Lid-release button on top
- Soft grip handle
- Wrap-around cord storage under power base
- Dual-wall construction keeps water insulated while outside remains cool-to-the-touch
- Kettle accepts 2 AA batteries (not included) to power the display when away from the base (optional)
- Note: Start/Cancel button only functions while the kettle is on the power base
- Includes a removable mesh filter that can be hand washed
- 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, NEMA 5-15P plug and 36-in. cord included
- Overall Dimensions: 8-5/8 in. W x 5-15/16 in. D x 10-1/8 in. H
Optimal and Efficient Brewing
- Top-mounted control panel makes it easy to view the display when using the kettle on a countertop
- Hold Temp mode retains current temperature for 30-min. increments and can be canceled with the press of a button
- Digital screen can display temperatures in either F or C
- Temperature settings range from 50 - 100 degrees C in 10 degree increments
- Audible alert will sound and icon will show in display if kettle is switched on without water
1.7 Liter Electric Kettle, 1.7-L capacity, markings for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 cups, blue-lit clear water window, lid release button, digital temperature display, variable temperature range of 122 to 212 degrees F, 30-min hold temperature, soft grip handle, 120 V/60 Hz/1-ph, empire red
**KitchenAid trademarks and © used with permission.
Kitchenaid KEK1722ER SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
Kitchenaid KEK1722ER Customer Reviews
"This is a great electrical kettle. The precise temperature settings are very useful for different Tea types. The only negative for me is the annoying beep signal. It sounds when you place the kettle on the stand, when you set the temperature, when you start the heating process and three times when the temperature is reached. Too often and annoying tone."