The Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ/B-500PF ice machine with storage bin has H-GUARD Plus® built into the head and bin to reduce bacteria growth. An alert system called EverCheck™ beeps at different numerals to alert the operator of issues. This machine produces as much ice as other machines in fewer cycles due to its CycleSaver™ design. Panels on the exterior of the head can be removed to access internal components.
The head can produce 442 pounds of ice in 24 hours, depending on the ambient air and water temperatures. Its bin stores 500 pounds at a time, and polyurethane insulation keeps cold air inside. The Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ/B-500PF ice machine with storage bin needs at least 6 inches of clearance for air circulation. The stainless steel head exterior and galvanized steel bin exterior provide durability.
- Makes as much as 442 lbs. of ice in 24 hrs.
- Crescent cubes can be bagged, dispensed, blended, and served in various drinks
- Durable stainless steel evaporator
- CycleSaver design runs less cycles than other ice machines and produces just as much ice
- Scratch-resistant stainless steel exterior
- H-GUARD Plus antimicrobial agent reduces bacteria growth
- Numerous beeps from the EverCheck alert system notify the operator of different issues
- Removable air filter
- Air stays cool with R404A refrigerant
- Panels remove for interior access
- Rear, sides, and top need at least 6-in. of clearance for proper air circulation
- Air-cooled motor
- 6,200 BTU
- 5.55 kW, 7.6 A
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
- Ice cube dimensions: 11⁄8-in. W x 1⁄2 in. D x 11⁄2 in. H
- Ice machine dimensions: 305⁄32 in. W x 273⁄8 in. D x 22 in. H
- UL listed; AHRI and NSF certified
Ice Bin Features
- 500-lb. capacity
- Galvanized steel finish is coated with PVC and resists scratches
- H-GUARD Plus antimicrobial agent slows the growth of microbes
- Polyethylene liner ensures interior is sanitary
- Polyurethane insulation retains cold air
- Ice scoop reduces the risk of cross contamination
- 6-in. legs lift the unit off the floor
- Interior dimensions: 27 in. W x 277⁄10 in. D x 373⁄5 in. H
- Ice bin dimensions: 30 in. W x 323⁄10 in. D x 46 in. H
- ETL and ETL-Sanitation listed
Ice machine jargon can be hard to decipher, so we've made a list of common ones in our ice machine glossary.
If you want maintenance advice on your Hoshizaki unit, check out the how to clean your Hoshizaki ice machine article.
Unsure what kind of ice machine you want? Read up on the differences between the major ones in our ice machine buyers' guide.
Take a look at our how commercial ice machines work article for in-depth information.
Ice Maker: Ice Maker, Cube-Style, 30"W, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, production capacity up to 442 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (400 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), stainless steel finish, crescent cube style, R-404A refrigerant, 115v/60/1-ph, 7.6 amps, NSF, UL; Ice Bin: Ice Bin, 30"W, top-hinged front-opening door, 500-lb ice storage capacity, for top-mounted ice maker, vinyl clad, painted legs included, protected with H-GUARD Plus Antimicrobial Agent, ETL, ETL-Sanitation
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ/B-500PF SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Bin Capacity (lb)||500|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Ice Type||Crescent Cube|
|Special Features||Removable Air Filter|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor, Condenser, & Evaporator|
|Capacity Range||200-549 lb|
|Production Range (per day)||200-549 lb|
|Width (in) Range||30 - 39 in|
|Product||Ice Maker with Bin|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Access||Lift Up Door|
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||442|