In early 2018, Hoshizaki began rolling out new ice maker models that meet or exceed pending Department of Energy requirements for water and energy efficiency. As part of that transition, this model has been replaced by KM-515MAJ.
This Hoshizaki ice maker uses less energy and water while producing as much as 527 pounds of crescent cube ice every 24 hours. CycleSaver® technology reduces energy consumption, cuts maintenance needs, and can increase the lifespan of the model. This unit is designed to offer serious production capacity in a slim design, with a width of just 22 inches, which means it's perfect for space-limited kitchens. Alternatively, high-volume operations can also double up with this ice maker head, with two of them mounted on a large-capacity ice bin for 1,002 pounds of daily production in a 44-inch footprint. That capability is also enabled by the fact its air intake and exhaust are through louvered vents on the front of the unit, which means it doesn’t require clearance on the sides.
This commercial ice maker is built with Hoshizaki's H-GUARD Plus, which is an antimicrobial agent that inhibits bacterial, fungal, and microbial growth. The unit also incorporates the proprietary EverCheck® control system, which alerts you to needed maintenance and issues that require attention. This Hoshizaki ice maker's evaporator produces ice on both sides at the same time and is made of surgical grade stainless steel.
- Production capacity of as much as 527 lbs./24 hrs.
- Crescent cube ice – 11⁄8 in. W x 1⁄2 in. D x 11⁄2 in. H
- Air cooled, with an ambient temperature preference of less than 90 degrees F
- Self-contained condenser
- H-Guard plus antimicrobial agent prohibits bacterial growth
- Removable front air filter is easily accessible for cleaning and replacement
- Stainless steel construction
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 11.7 A
- Total dimensions: 22 in. W x 273⁄8 in. D x 305⁄16 in. H
- cULus listed; AHRI, NSF, and ENERGY STAR certified
Low Environmental Footprint
- Unit uses R404A refrigerant, which is CFC and HCFC-free
- CycleSaver reduces energy consumption, as well as maintenance and cleaning needs
- Double-sided evaporator plate produces twice the ice at once
- Air-cooled condensing
Durable Construction and Easy Maintenance
- Stainless steel exterior
- Surgical-grade stainless steel evaporator resists corrosion from harsh cleaners better than nickel-plated evaporators
- CycleSaver runs less often than standard ice makers, improving durability and saving money on utilities
- EverCheck alert system uses audible tones to indicate and diagnose problems
Ice Maker, Cube-Style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, production capacity up to 527 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (450 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), stainless steel finish, crescent cube style, R-404A refrigerant, 115v/60/1-ph, 11.7 amps, NSF, UL, ENERGY STAR®
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Hoshizaki KM-515MAH SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||527 lbs|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Ice Type||Crescent Cube|
|Specialty Options||Alert System|
|Specialty Options||Antimicrobial System|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor, Condenser, & Evaporator|
|Production Range||300-899 lb|