This Hoshizaki Opti-Serve ice and water dispenser provides customers with that much-desired nugget ice with no-touch operation thanks to an LED sensor. Its built-in ice maker provides as much as 288 pounds of what Hoshizaki calls cubelet ice, but what is commonly called "Sonic ice," and an integral storage capacity of 8.8 pounds ensures the unit has ice ready to dispense. That means it's great for offering that perfectly chewable nugget ice at lower-volume operations like cafes, break rooms, and convenience stores. Its touch-free operation not only means convenience for customers, but also helps prevent the spread of bacteria from cup to cup. However, it's important to note that the sensor doesn't always detect clear cups and may have issues in direct sunlight.
Hoshizaki has taken several steps to ensure the ice you're serving is clean and doesn't impact the taste of your beverages. Surfaces that come into contact with the ice are treated with H-GUARD Plus, an antimicrobial agent that's integral to the material and inhibits the growth of bacteria. This model also employs the proprietary CleanCycle12™ system, which performs a complete purge of the ice making components with fresh water for 15 minutes every 12 hours. The machine doesn’t produce ice during that process, but will still dispense it from the built-in storage bin. Additionally, the stainless steel auger doesn't require cleaning as frequently as do nickel-plated versions found in other ice machines.
- Air cooled
- Countertop model
- Cubelet-style ice is 5⁄8 in. W x 3⁄8 in. D x 1⁄2 in. H
- 288-lbs./24-hr. production capacity
- 8.8-lb. storage capacity
- Self-contained condenser
- Stainless steel exterior and interior
- Removable air filter for quick cleaning
- R-404A refrigerant
- 1⁄2-in. FPT water inlet and 3⁄4-in. MPT drain
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 8.5 A, NEMA 5-15 plug
- Overall Dimensions: 169⁄16 in. W x 241⁄8 in. D x 3111⁄16 in. H
- cULus Listed and NSF Certified
Clean and Reliable Dispensing
- CleanCycle12 purges the unit of impurities every 12 hrs. in a 15-min. cycle (the unit will not produce any ice during this time, but will still dispense ice from the storage bin)
- H-GUARD Plus antimicrobial agent inhibits bacteria and mold growth in ice production and holding areas
- Internal stainless steel auger has fewer moving parts, so it is less likely to malfunction and resists corrosion
Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Exterior is designed to be easy to clean
- Interior components resist corrosion, damage, and microbial growth
Opti-Serve Dispensing Technology
- LED remote sensor detects when a cup is either under the ice sensor or water sensor for touch-free operation
- Note: Opti-Serve may have trouble detecting clear cups and is not recommended for use in direct sunlight, due to potential light interference.
Opti-Serve Ice Maker/Water Dispenser, Cubelet-Style, air-cooled, self-contained condenser, approximately 288 lb. ice production with 10 lb. built-in storage, counter model, LED sensor operation, stainless steel bin & exterior, protected with H-GUARD Plus Antimicrobial Agent, R-404A refrigerant, 4" legs, 115v/60/1-ph, 8.5 amps (optional stand sold separately), NSF, UL
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Hoshizaki DCM-270BAH-OS SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Bin Capacity||8.8 lbs|
|Specialty Options||Water Dispenser|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor & Condenser|