This ice maker from Manitowoc Ice is part of the NEO™ Series with a production capacity of 225 pounds daily and a 80 pound bin capacity. This ice maker has internal components that can be removed without tools and are constructed with AlphaSan® antimicrobial to extend the time between cleanings. This ice maker has intelligent diagnostics that will stay illuminated with a red light if a technician is required for repair.
- NEO™ Series
- Replaces QY-210A
- Foodzone is sealed and has removable internal components that are built with AlphaSan® antimicrobial (distribution tube, evaporator, water tray, and drain tube)
- Bridge thickness of ice is adjustable with controlled batch production
- .42 HP compressor
- Ice scoop and scoop holder included
- DuraTech™ clear coat on aluminum alloy exterior
- Controls for power, delay, and clean functions
- Indicators for full bin and service
- Front breathing design
- 115 V/60 Hz/1-ph, 5.5 A, NEMA 5-15P plug and 6-ft. cord included
- Overall Dimensions: 26-in. W x 28-in. D x 38-1/2 in. H
- cETLus, cULus, CSA, and CE Listed; AHRI, NSF, ISO:2008, and ENERGY STAR Certified
Easy Cleaning and Maintenance
- Removable components have thumbscrews for tool-free maintenance
- Dishwasher-safe air filter removes without tools
- For access to internal components, the bin slides forward and does not need to be emptied
- Cleaning guide is on page 15 in the user manual
Intelligent Operation and Diagnostics
- To pause operation during slow periods, delay function halts production for either 4, 12, or 24-hr. periods
- Full bin indicator with blue illumination
- Clean cycle can be initiated to descale and sanitize the unit and can be paused at any time
- Service indicator will flash when the unit finds a problem and will remain solid if a service technician is required
NEO™ Undercounter Ice Maker, cube-style, air-cooled, self contained, 26"W x 28"D x 38-1/2"H, production capacity up to 225 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (160 lb AHRI certified at 90°70°), electronic controls, half dice size cubes, NSF, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Manitowoc Ice UY-0240A SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||225 lbs|
|Also Known As||UY-0240A, QY-0214A, BY0154A, GY0154A, AY0104A|
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Specialty Options||Digital Controls|
|Bin Capacity||80 lbs|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor, Add'l 2 yrs. Evaporator; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
Manitowoc Ice UY-0240A Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"First and foremost this is a wonderful product, it is one of the few ice makers that has an American built evaporator and the larger machines are..."
"This machine is less than 1 year old. It is cycling on every 15-20 seconds. I don't know why. (I am guessing it is the same issue the other revi..."
Ice lover said...
"We had an undercounter Manitowoc small commercial Icemaker in our home for eight years. we had to have it worked on a couple times this summer so..."
"First and foremost this is a wonderful product, it is one of the few ice makers that has an American built evaporator and the larger machines are still built in the United States. This product is meant for Commercial businesses with small ice production needs. If you serve less than 10 people per day, this is the machine for you. Rule of thumb for ice needs is 3 pounds of ice per day per person. I tell all my customers that if you own a café or restaurant you need to START with at least a 450 pound ice machine. I have had many customers unhappy with too small an ice machine, I've NEVER in 30+ years had anyone complain about too much ice. Regarding the other reviews on here, these people bought machines they did not understand and that's why they are unhappy. First this is a COMMERCIAL piece of equipment, it is not designed for home use. You can install them in homes but they require maintenance just like cars and most homeowners are not going to be happy paying the maintenance bills these machines require and that is if you can find a company willing to come to your home. Both problems these people are having are due to lack of maintenance, if you do the maintenance on the machines you should see at minimum a 7-10 year life cycle with the machine, possibly longer. This is a great piece of equipment with a great warranty and a good company that stands behind their equipment. I would buy it again and continue to sell it to my customers."
"This machine is less than 1 year old. It is cycling on every 15-20 seconds. I don't know why. (I am guessing it is the same issue the other reviewer is having.) Really expensive machine to have issues this soon."
"We had an undercounter Manitowoc small commercial Icemaker in our home for eight years. we had to have it worked on a couple times this summer so decided to replace it. We have two of these, one at our home and one at our ranch house. The one at the ranch has completely stopped working at least twice in its first year. Had to take it to a repair center miles away. Twice. We weren't at the ranch when it stopped working so i don't know what the issue was. The other one has been in our home for less than a month. A huge, thick sheet of ice forms that won't dislodge causing the very loud fan to cycle off and on every 15 or 20 seconds until it thaws enough to drop. I am hoping Manitowoc will replace it under warranty. This model is twice as loud as the one we had for eight years that had few or no issues. Zero stars!!!!!!"