The Manitowoc IY-0505W 161 Indigo™ Series half-cube ice machine head produces up to 550 pounds of half-cube ice every day. The shape of this ice complements soda and other drinks nicely. To freeze ice efficiently, R-404A refrigerant is used. Ice storage bins are sold separately from the head, but a few bins Manitowoc recommends to use with this unit are B-400 ice bin and B-430 ice bin.
To ensure your machine head is running properly, diagnostics run every day, helping you keep up with preventive maintenance. An acoustical ice sensing probe detects when ice has been frozen to the proper thickness to determine when it should be harvested. The machine's operating status is shown in a blue illuminated display. Superior corrosion resistance and durability are achieved with the machine's DuraTech™ exterior. Some components of this machine have AlphaSan® built into them to slow the growth of harmful bacteria. The Manitowoc IY-0505W 161 Indigo™ Series half-cube ice machine head has a hinged front door that swings out for easy access to interior components. Many parts, including the water trough and curtain, are removable for easy cleaning.
- Produces up to 550 lbs. every 24 hours
- Diagnostics run every 24 hours and alert operators of preventive maintenance needs
- Acoustical ice sensing probe measures for the proper ice thickness and initiates harvest cycle
- Blue illuminated display tells you the operating status
- Allows ice production to be programmed with on/off time, ice volume, and bin level
- Front door is hinged and swings out for easy access
- Water trough, distribution tube, curtain, and sensing probes are removable for cleaning
- Some components are made with AlphaSan® antimicrobial to slow the growth of bacteria
- DuraTech™ exterior is heavy-duty with superior corrosion resistance
- Uses R-404A refrigerant to maintain cool temperatures
- Water-cooled condensing unit
- Ice bin sold separately
- Recommended bin pairings: B-400 ice bin and B-430 ice bin
- Ice Dimensions: 3⁄8 in. x 11⁄8 in. x 7⁄8 in.
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph, 4.52 kW, 13.5 A
- Overall Dimensions: 30 in. W x 241⁄2 in. D x 211⁄2 in. H
- California Low Lead qualified; cULus and CE listed; AHRI and NSF certified
Indigo™ Series Ice Maker, cube-style, water-cooled, self-contained condenser, 30"W x 24-1/2"D x 21-1/2"H, production capacity up to 550 lb/24 hours at 70°/50° (440 lb AHRI certified at 90°/70°), DuraTech™ exterior, half-dice size cubes, NSF, cULus, 115v/60/1ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Manitowoc Ice IY-0505W SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|24 Hr. Production (lbs)||550 lbs|
|Also Known As||SY0505W|
|Compressor Type||Water Cooled|
|Ice Type||Half Cube|
|Specialty Options||Antimicrobial System|
|Specialty Options||Digital Controls|
|Warranty||3-yr. Parts & Labor, Add'l 2 yrs. Evaporator; Add'l 2 yrs. Parts Compressor|
|Production Range||300-899 lb|