The Southbend SX-55GC gas steamer holds 10 pans on stainless steel pan supports. Also constructed of stainless steel, the interior and exterior withstand heavy use and resist corrosion. Coved corners in the compartments eliminate crevices, preventing debris from getting trapped. A full-perimeter gasket in the door prevents steam from escaping. When a door is opened, the steam flow shuts off, but it automatically reactivates when the door is closed.
Controlling this Southbend SX-55GC floor-model steamer is simple with the removable control panel. Each compartment has its own on/off/delime switch and indicator lights. Two 60-minute timers make it simple to keep up with the cook cycle, and the audible alarm sounds when cooking is finished.
- 10-pan capacity
- Removable stainless steel pan supports
- Durable, rust-resistant stainless steel interior and exterior construction
- Coved corners in the cavity facilitate cleanup by eliminating crevices
- Heavy-duty door has a full-perimeter gasket seal that prevents leaking
- Steaming shuts off when the door is opened and reactivates when it is closed
- Drip trough is connected to the drain, moving condensate that collects when the doors are opened
- Automatic generator blowdown
- Delime mode power setting
- Right-mount generator deliming port
- Split water connections simplify hookup to a treated water system
- Heated by LP gas
- 45,000 BTU
- 120 V/60 Hz/1 ph
- Overall dimensions: 24 in. W x 37 in. D x 76.13 in. H
- cCSAus listed; NSF certified
Manual Control System
- Each compartment has an on/off/delime switch
- Pilot ready, pilot cooking, and ignition indicator lights
- 60-min. electromechanical timers
- Audible alarm sounds at the end of a cook cycle
- Control housing has a removable panel
In our steamers buyers' guide, we break down the features of steamers.
Convection Steamer, LP gas, (10) pan capacity total, manual controls, three way power switch (ON/OFF/Delime), automatic blow down, split water connections, stainless steel interior & exterior, cabinet base, 45,000 BTU each, CSA, NSF
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend SX-55GC SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
|Specialty Options||Descaling Port|
|Product Type||Cooking Equipment|