The Southbend R18A-4 2083 electric counter steamer comes with stainless steel control housing that has a removable panel that is fully accessible to make servicing the unit easier. There is a three-way switch with on, off, and de-lime options that lights up. One light lets the user know the food is cooking, and another light lets the user know when food is ready. When the cooking cycle ends, a 60-minute electric timer with an audible alarm goes off. To keep heat inside the cooking chamber, the door comes with a positive lock and seal mechanism. When the door is opened during the cooking cycle, the flow of steam stops and then starts again when the door is closed.
This steamer can hold four pans measuring 12 inches by 20 inches by 21⁄2 inches. When you cook with a steamer, food comes out brighter in color and is more nutritious. If more than one dish is being cooked at a time, flavors do not transfer from one dish to another. Food shrinks very little, and it cannot burn or dry out. If you plan on using a low- to medium-volume steamer, the Southbend R18A-4 2083 electric counter steamer is perfect for you.
- Stainless steel pan supports
- Spring release door has a positive lock and seal mechanism to keep it shut during the cooking cycle
- Adjustable leveling feet for easy installation
- Illuminated power switch with on, off, and de-lime options
- Lights to indicate operating status
- Electric, 60-min. timer sounds at the end of the cooking cycle
- Steam flow to the cooking chamber shuts off when the door is opened and starts flowing again once the door is closed
- Water treatment system included with a split water connection
- Solid-state liquid level controls
- Automatic blow down valve
- De-liming port on the back of the generator tank
- Flavor does not transfer between dishes
- Food does not dry out or burn, and shrinks very little
- Made for low- to medium-volume cooking
- 280 V/60 Hz/3 ph, 10 kW, 27.8 A
- Overall Dimensions: 18.13 in. W x 29 in. D x 22.38 in. H (H does not include leg height)
- CSA Listed; NSF Certified
- Heavy-duty 304 stainless steel exterior
- 316 stainless steel interior resists corrosion
- Cooking chamber has coved corners for easier cleaning
- Stainless steel, removable inner liner with a full-perimeter gasket keeps heat inside the chamber
- Stainless steel, one-piece outer liner
- Holds 2 pans measuring 6 in. in depth
- Holds 2 pans measuring 4 in. in depth
- Holds 4 pans measuring 21⁄2 in. in depth
- Holds 8 pans measuring 1 in. in depth
Convection Steamer, electric, countertop, boilerless, (1) compartment, (4) 12" x 20" pan capacity, automatic fill & drain operation, electromechanical controls, stainless steel interior & exterior, CSA, NSF, 208v/60/3ph, 10kW
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend R18A-4 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Warranty||1 year limited parts & labor|