The Southbend GCX-2S floor model steamer has two steaming compartments sitting on a cabinet base. The compartments have fully insulated cooking compartments for heat retention. The base is built with a full perimeter angle frame that provides stability to the entire unit. Two hinged doors on the base have a magnetic latch that keep them closed. The unit is off the ground thanks to 6-inch legs; adjustable bullet feet are on the front of the unit with flanged feet on the rear for mounting the unit to the ground.
The stainless steel construction of the steamer withstands high heat and corrosion. A positive lock and seal mechanism ensures compartment doors stay closed during the cooking cycle. If the doors are opened, steam flow is shut off until the door is closed again. Boiler controls include a 60-minute mechanical timer, ready and cooking pilot lights, and audible signals for end of cooking cycle alerts. The Southbend GCX-2S floor model steamer is heated by propane gas.
- Heated by propane gas
- 304-series stainless steel construction is heavy duty for commercial use and is easy to clean
- Doors have removable, stainless steel inner liner
- Gasket seal around the doors prevent heat from getting out
- Positive lock and seal mechanism keeps the doors shut during cooking cycle
- Stainless steel drip trough collects condensation when the doors are opened
- Fully insulated cooking chambers retain heat
- Easy-to-access control housing is behind a removable side panel
- 60-min. mechanical timer, ready and cooking pilot lights, and audible signal for each compartment
- Steam is interrupted when the doors are opened to prevent injury and starts when the doors are shut
- Mounted on a cabinet base with full perimeter angle frame for stability
- Counter and boiler mounting are reinforced for strength
- Gas boiler comes with controls
- Hinged doors on the cabinet base have a magnetic latch that keeps them closed
- 6-in. stainless steel legs lift the unit off the ground
- Adjustable bullet feet on the front and adjustable flanged feet on the rear for mounting to the ground
- Boiler controls include automatic water level, pressure and water gauges, operating pressure, safety height-limit pressure, and safety relief valve
- 200,000 BTU, 58.6 kW
- Overall Dimensions: 24 in. W x 25 in. D x 55.5 in. H
- CSA listed; NSF certified
- (6) 1-in. pans
- (3) 2.5-in. pans
- (2) 4-in. pans
- (1) 6-in. pan
Convection Steamer, LP gas, (2) compartment, (3) 12" x 20" pan capacity per compartment, 24" cabinet base, electronic ignition, automatic blowdown, 60 minute timer per compartment, removable pan supports & drain trough, CSD-1 code package, stainless steel interior & exterior, 6" legs, adjustable bullet feet, NSF
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend GCX-2S SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Steam Generator||External Source|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
|Specialty Options||Includes Worktop|