The Southbend GCX-2S-36 NG floor model steamer is constructed of stainless steel for durability and resistance to corrosion. The steaming compartments have doors with a stainless steel liner that is removable to provide efficient cleaning. A gasket seal around the door opening prevents steam and heat from escaping. A drip trough is connected to the door so when it is opened, condensation is collected and ran to the drain.
Natural gas is used to heat this steamer, and the boiler base is gas fired. A side panel next to the steaming chambers hold the controls. A mechanical timer is included and can be set up to 60 minutes. An alarm sounds when the cooking cycle ends, alerting the operator that the food has finished cooking to ensure the food is removed at the desired time. Since the ready and cooking pilot lights let the user know what stage the steamer is in, the cooking process can be properly monitored from start to finish.
When the steaming compartment doors are opened, the flow of steam is cut off and then resumes when the door is closed. The Southbend GCX-2S-36 NG floor model steamer has an automatic water level control, operating pressure control, and safety high-limit pressure control. The cabinet's base has two hinged doors with magnetic latches that keep them closed. This space can be used to store equipment.
- Heated by natural gas
- Steam boiler base is gas fired
- Controls are accessible through a removable side panel for easy operation
- Mechanical timer can be set up to 60 min.
- Ready and cooking pilot lights let the user know what stage the unit is in for proper monitoring of the cooking process
- Alarm goes off at the end of the cooking cycle to ensure product is removed at the proper time
- Steam flow is stopped when the door to the compartment is opened which keeps operators safe when checking on the cooking process
- Automatic water level control lets the user control how much water is in the boiler
- Pressure gauge keeps track of pressure
- Water gauge glass keeps track of how much water is being used
- Operating pressure control
- Safety high-limit pressure control
- Safety relief valve
- Cathodic protector
- Comes with a split water line
- 200,000 BTU, 58.6 kW
- Overall Dimensions: 36 in. W x 33 in. D x 55.5 in. H
- CSA listed; NSF certified
- Constructed of stainless steel for durability and corrosion resistance
- Doors to steaming chambers have stainless steel inner liner that is removable
- Gasket seal prevents steam and heat from escaping out of the doors
- Stainless steel drip trough is connected to the drain to collect condensation as the doors open
- Fully insulated cooking chambers come with removable stainless steel pan supports
- Hinged doors on the cabinet base provide more storage space
- Magnetic latch on the cabinet doors keep them closed
- 6-in. stainless steel legs lift the unit off the ground
- Adjustable bullet feet on the front and flanged feet on the rear for bolting to the floor
- (6) 1-in. pans
- (3) 21⁄2-in. pans
- (2) 4-in. pans
- (1) 6-in. pan
Convection Steamer, NG gas, (2) compartment, (3) 12" x 20" pan capacity per compartment, 36" cabinet base, electronic ignition, automatic blowdown, 60 minute timer per compartment, removable pan supports & drain trough, CSD-1 code package, stainless steel interior & exterior, 6" legs, adjustable bullet feet, NSF
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Southbend GCX-2S-36 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Steam Generator||External Source|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty|
|Specialty Options||Includes Worktop|