The Dexter S5287 08220 cleaver easily slices through thick cuts of meat and cartilage. The flat part of the blade can be used to crush garlic and ginger. With a hole cut into the blade, this cleaver can be hung from a hook for convenient storage. Hardenability is provided since the blade is constructed of DEXSTEEL™, a high-carbon steel that resists staining. Flexibility is provided to the Dexter S5287 08220 cleaver since the edge has been honed and ground. To make the handle comfortable to grip, the rosewood is formed to complement the shape of hands. Brass compression rivets are used to attach the handle to the blade, and they expand with the wood to maintain a tight fit.
- Designed to easily cut through dense cartilage and thick meat
- Hole in the blade allows the knife to be hung on a meat hook or on a butcher's belt
- Tough and hardened thanks to the DEXSTEEL blade construction
- Blade is resistant to staining and corrosion
- Edge has been ground and honed for durability and sharpness
- Rosewood handle provides a pleasing aesthetic and is formed to make it comfortable to grip
- Brass compression rivets secure the handle to the blade
- Rivets expand and contract with the wood to maintain a secure fit
- Overall Dimensions: 7 in. blade, 6 in. handle, 13 in. overall L
- Made in the U.S.
Traditional™ (08220) Cleaver, 7", stain-free, high-carbon steel blade, heavy duty, rosewood handle, Made in USA
Dexter Russell S5287 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
Dexter Russell S5287 Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"This is a GREAT cleaver. HEAVY DUTY is right! 1/4" thick steel, full tang. Just what i was looking for. Made in America !!! I bought the 7", 8" &..."
"This is a GREAT cleaver. HEAVY DUTY is right! 1/4" thick steel, full tang. Just what i was looking for. Made in America !!! I bought the 7", 8" & 9" of this. They are ALL awesome & HD. Handles are wood so not d/w safe. But who puts their fine blades in the dw anyways? Not me. This could even be used as an outdoor blade if needed."