The Dexter EDGE-13 07944 waterstone is a soft grade, making the tool ideal for sharpening Japanese knife blades since they are very brittle and should be sharpened gently. This stone should be wet when sharpening edges of knives. Water mixes with the shavings to create a sludge that helps grind the edge to its ideal sharpness.
With two different grits, this waterstone provides efficient results. The 1,000 grit is used for quick sharpening, while the 4,000 grit creates a very sharp edge. The Dexter EDGE-13 07944 waterstone comes with a case that can double as a sharpening station. It protects the stone from damage and prevents drying.
- Soft-grade stone allows water to be used as the lubricant
- Water creates a sludge with the shavings to help grind the edge
- Ideal for Japanese knife blades since the stone gently sharpens
- Combination of grits creates efficient sharpening results
- 1,000 grit allows for quick sharpening
- 4,000 grit creates an extremely sharp edge
- Case protects the stone and provides a reservoir to prevent drying out
- Non-slip texture on the case allows it to used as a safe sharpening station
- Overall Dimensions: 8 in. L x 3 in. W x 1 in. H
Traditional ™ (07944) Waterstone, 8" x 3" x 1", includes non-slip case, protects stone and provides reservoir to keep stone wet
Dexter Russell EDGE-13 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet