The Dexter 1258B butcher steel has a medium-coarse surface that's perfect for honing most blades and a heavy weight that allows for optimal control by the user. The steel has a diameter of 5⁄8 of an inch and is constructed of hard high-carbon steel for durability. Since it is magnetized, the steel captures metal particles to keep those from contaminating food. To protect the user’s hand, there is a finger guard between the 41⁄2-inch handle and the 12-inch steel. The polypropylene handle on the Dexter 1258B butcher steel is resistant to slipping to promote a secure grip.
- Medium coarseness and heavyweight design realigns blades to restore sharpness
- 5⁄8-in.-diameter high-carbon steel to stand up to commercial use
- Steel is magnetized to capture metal particles that may come off the blade to ensure they do not contaminate food
- Protective finger guard provides safety during use
- Black polypropylene handle provides a slip-resistant, secure grip
- Surface of the handle is easy to clean
- Store the steel on hooks and racks with the hang ring
- Overall Dimensions: 12 in. steel, 41⁄2 in. handle, 161⁄2 in. overall L
- Made in the U.S.
Traditional™ (07433) Butcher Steel, 12" x 5/8", magnetized, heavy weight, medium coarseness, high-carbon tool steel, black, wood handle and heavy duty ring
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
Dexter Russell 1258B SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet