The Dexter 12SB-12 butcher steel has a smooth surface for refining the edges of blades. While a honing steel is not meant to sharpen a knife, it does realign the metal on the edge to ensure cutting efficiency and to provide for safer usage. The high-carbon steel construction is durable enough to stand up to commercial use. The nickel plating provides corrosion resistance. The magnetized steel captures any small pieces of metal that chip off the blade, preventing product contamination.
The polypropylene handle makes cleaning simple and creates a sturdy, slip-resistant grip. A hang ring allows the Dexter 12SB-12 smooth butcher steel to be stored on hooks and pot racks. The protective finger guard keeps the user’s hand safe during honing.
- Realign blade edges with the smooth surface
- High-carbon steel stands up to use in commercial settings
- Nickle plated for corrosion resistance
- Magnetized to catch small pieces of metal that may flake off the blade
- Finger guard protects user's hand
- Hang ring allows for storage on pot racks and hooks
- Polypropylene handle is easy to clean and prevents slipping
- Overall Dimensions: 12 in. steel, 43⁄4 in. handle, 163⁄4 in. overall L
- Made in the U.S.
Traditional™ (07323) Butcher Steel, 12", high-carbon file steel, magnetized, smooth, polished blade, nickel plated, black, polypropylene handle with guard and heavy duty ring, Made in USA
Dexter Russell 12SB-12 Specifications