The Dexter 1227-14 butcher steel straightens knife blades to restore the knife’s quality and efficiency. Since dull knives are one of the top causes of injury in commercial kitchens, this honing steel can also help keep workers safe. The 1⁄2-inch-diameter butcher steel is made of high carbon steel that is harder than regular steel, providing durability for heavy use. This steel's grit is medium coarse that is perfect for honing a wide variety of blades.
To prevent product contamination, the steel is magnetized to hold onto small bits of metal that can come off the blades being honed. A protective finger guard reduces the risk of cuts as you work the blade along the steel. The hardwood handle on the Dexter 1227-14 butcher steel provides a soft, comfortable grip. The unit measures 181⁄2 inches long, including the 14-inch steel and a 41⁄2-inch handle.
- Medium coarseness and medium weight are perfect for resetting the edge of most knives
- 1⁄2-in.-thick, high-carbon steel is hard and durable
- Magnetized to hold onto small bits of metal that come off the knife, preventing product contamination
- Protective finger guard protects user's hand
- Hang ring allows for storage on pot racks and hooks
- Natural hardwood handle provides a soft, comfortable grip
- Overall Dimensions: 14 in. steel, 41⁄2 in. handle, 181⁄2 in. overall L
- Made in the U.S.
Traditional™ (07291) Butcher Steel, 14" x 1/2", magnetized, medium weight, medium coarseness, high-carbon tool steel, triangular guard, hardwood handle and heavy duty ring
Dexter Russell 1227-14 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
Dexter Russell 1227-14 Customer Reviews
Write A Review
"Just 2 questions for the simple sharpening steel, Is it long enough? And, is it good steel? Yes to both. DR makes no-nonsense commercial tools..."
"Just 2 questions for the simple sharpening steel, Is it long enough? And, is it good steel? Yes to both. DR makes no-nonsense commercial tools for the trade. I'm sure the 14" Victornox and Winco are as good, but the Russell is US-made and Katom had the best price, shipped, that I found on the web. I think there is a black plastic handled version that may match home knife sets better, if that's important."