The InSinkErator SS-500 disposer has a corrosion-resistant grind chamber that is made of stainless steel. Cast nickel chrome alloy shredding elements are made for reverse grinding. The motor has built-in thermal overload protection, which is enclosed to prevent moisture from getting to it. Timken roller bearings create a shock-absorbing cushion. Water damage is resisted with a triple-lip seal, and grease loss is prevented with the spring-loaded oil seal.
- Stainless steel grind chamber resists corrosion
- 3⁄4-in. rubber mounting sits above the grinding chamber
- Built-in thermal overload protection for the motor
- Motor is enclosed for protection against moisture
- Cast nickel chrome alloy stationary and rotating shredding elements are designed for reverse grinding
- Absorption cushion for shock is created by double-tapered Timken roller bearings
- Triple-lip seal protects the motor from water damage
- Spring-loaded oil seal prevents loss of grease
- 5 HP, 1725 RPM
- 208 V/60 Hz/3 ph
- Overall dimensions: 171⁄2 in. dia. x 311⁄8 in. H
- cULus listed; ISO 9001:2008 certified
Find more information on disposers in the explainer on garbage disposers.
SS-500™ Disposer, basic unit only, 5 HP motor, stainless steel construction, includes mounting gasket, adjustable leg kit, 208v/60/3ph
*The warranty will not be honored for residential or non-commercial use of any Commercial Equipment.
Important Prop 65 information for California residents.
InSinkErator SS-500 SpecificationsPDF Spec Sheet
|Product Type||Commercial Sinks|