It's National Peanut Day
September 13th is National Peanut Day, and to honor it, we offer a recipe for a warm yet slightly sweet soup inspired from Sengalese cooking. This soup takes no longer than 10 minutes to cook and only requires 8 ingredients.
Senegalese Peanut SoupAdapted from The Nibble™
- 1-1/4 cups chipotle salsa
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cans low-sodium chicken broth, 14-1/2 oz. each
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro sprigs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Meanwhile, in the medium bowl with the reserved salsa, add the rice and chopped cilantro. Divide the rice mixture evenly into 4 custard cups coated with cooking spray, pressing down firmly to set.
To serve, invert each custard cup in the center of a soup bowl . Remove the cup and spoon hot soup around the molded rice. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.