An Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe That Will Impress!
I LOVE chocolate. Even when I worked with it as a job, I was known to have my share of “chocolate fudge breaks”. You can create just about anything with chocolate if you know how to (mole sauce, beautiful garnishes, and delicious desserts only being a few options).
This week, I’ve decided to pull the dessert card with a mouthwatering chocolate mousse recipe. This recipe is fantastic for holidays (though you may have to double it due to its popularity). Don’t forget to create cool garnishes like a bowl made of chocolate or chocolate decorations.
Chocolate MousseWhat You’ll Need:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coffee, divided
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream, whipped
1. Heat the chocolate, ½ of the coffee, and the butter in a double boiler or in the microwave until the butter and chocolate are melted
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and remaining coffee together
3. Cook & stir over low heat until the mixture reaches 160 degrees (1-2 minutes)
4. Remove the egg mixture from the heat & whisk in the chocolate mixture
5. Set the sauce pan in ice and stir until cooled (5-10 minutes)
6. Fold in the whipped cream with a scraper spatula
7. Add the mousse to your chilled dessert dishes (or chocolate dishes)
8. Let set for AT LEAST 4 hours
Serve this decadent dessert at your next event, party, or get together with your friends. They’ll appreciate the to-die-for flavors of chocolate as well as its classy exterior. Will your mousse last long? My bets are on “no”.
Until next time,-Heather ;)
P.S. You can easily make a bowl out of chocolate with balloons! Simply blow up the balloon to the desired bowl size, spray it with cooking spray, and dip it in warm chocolate (not HOT). Place the balloon on a sheet lined with wax paper and let harden in the freezer. Once the chocolate is hard, pop the balloon and remove it from the bowl!
Song "Tokyo Streets" by airtone