- Garland GI-SH/WO 3500 2081 Countertop Commercial Induction Wok Unit, 2...
- SKU: 451-GISHWO35002081
- Induction Wok-Line Cook Top, countertop, for 5.2 liter pan, 12" diameter ceran ceramic glass bowl top, thermostatically controlled, (12) power level settings, removable grease filter, stainless steel construction, 6' cord, NEMA 6-20P, cETL
- Vollrath 59500P Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 120v
- SKU: 175-59500P
- Mirage Pro Countertop Induction Range, US & Canada model, upgraded G4 Engine, 4 IGBT Switches, 90% energy efficiency, 100 power levels 80-450 F (27-232C) range featuring a lower range for chocolates , knob control with digital readout, digital troubleshooting display to indicate "Add Pan, Bad Pan or Hot", optimized for use with wider range of induction-ready cookware & service pieces, includes overheat protection, small-article detection, pan auto-detection function, empty-pan shut-off, stainless case top and aluminum bottom, 14" maximum pan size, 6 ft power cord and plug, 120V, 1800W, 15A, 5-15P plug, 14"Lx15-1/4"Wx3"H, 2 year warranty, NSF, UL, FCC, Imported
- Update International IC-1800W Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop...
- SKU: 370-IC1800W
- Induction Cooker, 15-1/2"L x 12"W x 4-1/4"H, 140F to 464F temperature range, stainless steel with ceramic top, push-button operation, 56" cord, 120v/60/1-ph, 1800 watt, ETL
- Tomlinson 1022751 Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 240v/1
- SKU: 067-1022751
- Glenray Induction Cook top, countertop, 3500 watts, single burner, EuroKera glass top, 140 to 428 F temperature range, digital display, 120 minute timer, fifteen power levels, automatic shut off, overheat protection, small object and material compatibility detection, energy efficient, stainless steel case, power cord and plug, one year limited warranty, 240v/60/1-ph, ETL
- Adcraft IND-DR120V Drop-In Commercial Induction Cooktop, 120v
- SKU: 122-INDDR120V
- Drop-In Induction Cooker, single, electric, remote control box, ceramic glass surface, digital controls, adjustable 180 minute timer, adjustable temp. to 464F, 120v/60/1-ph, 500-1800 watts, NEMA 5-15P, CE
- Waring ICT200 Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop
- SKU: 141-ICT200
- Induction Cooktop, Safe, exhaust-free and flame-free cooking with even heating. Must use with induction-ready cookware. One-touch controls; on/off, 8 heat settings and 150-minute timer. Heat shuts off automatically 30 seconds pan is lifted off.
- Tomlinson 1022750 Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 120v
- SKU: 067-1022750
- Glenray Induction Cook top, countertop, 1800 watts, single burner, EuroKera glass top, 140 to 428 F temperature range, digital display, 120 minute timer, fifteen power levels, automatic shut off, overheat protection, small object and material compatibility detection, energy efficient, stainless steel case, power cord and plug, one year limited warranty, 120v/60/1-ph, ETL
- Adcraft IND-WOK208V Countertop Commercial Induction Wok Unit, 208v/1
- SKU: 122-INDWOK208V
- Wok Induction Range, single, countertop, electric, ceramic glass top, adjustable 180 minute timer, adjustable temperature to 464F, self-checking auto shutoff, safety overheating sensor, wall stopper, heavy duty, stainless steel, 208v/60/1-ph, 3000 watts, 14.4 amps, NEMA 6-20P, CE, FCC
- Adcraft IND-WOK120V Countertop Commercial Induction Wok Unit, 120v
- SKU: 122-INDWOK120V
- Wok Induction Range, single, countertop, electric, ceramic glass top, adjustable 180 minute timer, adjustable temperature to 464F, self-checking auto shutoff, safety overheating sensor, wall stopper, heavy duty, stainless steel, 120v/60/1-ph, 1800 watts, 15 amps, NEMA 5-15P CE, FCC
- Adcraft IND-C120V Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 120v
- SKU: 122-INDC120V
- Induction Cooker, single, countertop, manual controls, ceramic glass top, adjustable temp. to 464F, self-checking auto shutoff, safety overheating sensor, wall stopper, heavy duty, stainless steel, 120v/60/1-ph, 1800 watt, 15 amps, NEMA 5-15P, cETLus, ETL Sanitation, FCC
- Adcraft IND-C208V Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 208v/1
- SKU: 122-INDC208V
- Induction Cooker, single, countertop, manual controls, ceramic glass top, adjustable temp. to 464F, self-checking auto shutoff, safety overheating sensor, wall stopper, heavy duty, stainless steel, 208v/60/1-ph, 3000 watt, 14.4 amps, NEMA 6-20P, cETLus, ETL Sanitation, FCC
- Cadco BIR1C Countertop Commercial Induction Cooktop, 120v
- SKU: 516-BIR1C
- Buffet Induction Range, counter unit, electric, digital controls with power safety light, timer, Schott Ceran glass-ceramic cooking surface, brushed stainless steel housing, 120v/60/1ph, 1400w, 11.7A, ETL
Many professional chefs have used these to replace their traditional electric and gas ranges. Some people consider these units the best of both worlds, with the quick heating that gas ranges are known for and the energy efficiency and cooler kitchens of electric cooking.
Much like traditional ranges, these are available as standalone units with cabinet or oven bases. They can also be installed inside a countertop to create a flush cooking surface. Portable units are also available, which are ideal for kitchens with limited space as they can be stored away when not in use. They are also great for catering or other businesses that might need to create a mobile kitchen for onsite events.
The Benefits of Electronic Design
This equipment offers control over cooking temperatures that traditional methods can't always provide. Cooks who value that precision may prefer this type of cooking equipment. Many of these feature digital controls and LED displays. Adding to their energy efficiency, some include a feature that detects the presence of pans and shuts off operation when one is not present. Those can also detect if an operator attempts to use non-magnetic cookware and will keep the element off if that happens. This conserves electricity by using power only when it's needed.
Durable and Easy-to-Clean
The cooking surface on a commercial induction burner is glass-ceramic, which acts as an insulator and does not transfer heat very well, so heat generated in the cookware is not absorbed into the surface but is used to cook the food. This results in a very energy-efficient cooking method and keeps the surface relatively cool-to-the touch. These glass-ceramic surfaces are also durable and designed to resist impact, so they'll hold up well in high-volume operations. The stainless steel body construction of these units also makes them easy to clean and enhances their durability.
Choosing the Right Cookware
To work with a commercial induction range, your pots and pans must have magnetic bottoms. The magnetism in a cooking pot comes from the presence of iron, so cast iron cookware is always a safe bet. Although all stainless steel has iron in it, some types are not magnetic. Choosing the right kind of cooking vessel to use with these ranges might sound intimidating, but it shouldn't be. You can check any type of cookware for compatibility using a common refrigerator magnet. Simply take the magnet and press it to the bottom of the pot in question. If it sticks, then that pot can be used with one of these units.
Even if you don't own any magnetic cookware, it is still possible to use non-magnetic cookware with one of these unitsIn order to do that, you’ll need to buy an induction disc, which is a thin plate of magnetic material that is placed between the pot and the element. It responds to the element as magnetic cookware would, then transfers the heat produced to the you non-magnetic pot. This is less effective, but is always an option when you want to use a favorite non-magnetic pot with your commercial induction cooktop.
Woks are a traditional style of cookware found in the cuisines of many regions in Asia, and they are gaining popularity worldwide. Usually made of steel, they are round with curved sides and deep, round bottoms. Their round bottoms and high walls make them excellent for cooking a large quantity of food quickly. Many chefs run into problems when using woks because their round bottoms make it impossible to set them on a standard burner. The surface of a wok version of these cook tops has a bowl-shaped indentation to accommodate the unique shape of a wok. This allows cooks who value the versatility and efficiency of a wok to use them with induction equipment.